What is a leichardti-arowana ?????

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Is it a jardini? Or an Asian arow? Or what or an african arowana . I am so confused by the name is it similar to an asian like an RTG and are they legal in the USA please explain ! Thanks in advance :D

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brett0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2013
Australia
It`s an Australian Saratoga or as the trade seems to call them Arowana . They are from the north east coast of Australia wheras the Jardini is from northern Australia

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yep,the seldom seen cousin of the jardini and as such it looks similar to the jardini.The African Arowana looks a little different than the Scleropages(leichardti,jardini,formosus-Asian aros).The leichardti and African aros are U.S.legal...

Greg31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Maryland
stickies can be very informative. Even google :D

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I guess I just like to try and offer a little more help than to tell someone to go to another site when they asking for help here.

Reactions: mrrobxc

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
RTG= red tail gold. Leichatdi is an Australian aro. Leo are legal and a very nice aro to own.

I guess I just like to try and offer a little more help than to tell someone to go to another site when they asking for help here.
^LIKE!^

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I guess you are just a better human than people like me. Greg just beat me to it. :eek:

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't know about all of that but if I'm going to take the time to make a post in a discussion thread I'm not going to chase a new member off to go and use Google.The stickies are another matter and he may or may not be aware of them.

Reactions: mrrobxc

csaechao

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
I don't know about all of that but if I'm going to take the time to make a post in a discussion thread I'm not going to chase a new member off to go and use Google.The stickies are another matter and he may or may not be aware of them.
:thumbsup:

PetZoneSanDiego

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2008
San Diego, California
www.PetZoneSD.com
Leichardti arowanas are also from Australia, just like the Jardini. Both look quite similar but its the markings that distinguish the two.
They are also very limited in their range within the wild, so its only on rare occasions that these guys are imported into the fish hobby here in the states.
There was a huge gap of a few years since anyone within the fish trade has seen them until these last 2 years. We do have a batch of them that came in last week for those of you interested ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store