datnoid tank size?

Razman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
NoVa
how big of a tank does the silver datnoid need?

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Silver datnoids, Datnioides polota (formerly D. quadrifasciatus), are the smallest datnoid species, reaching 12 inches or so. A 75 (4' x 18") to 100 gallon (5' x 18") would probably be the minimum you'd need for an adult specimen. Of course, bigger is always better.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Dats are different from other larger fish. They grow very slow. Unlike Pacus and Oscars, if it outgrows your tank, you shouldn't have any problem getting rid of it at a premium on the price you paid. In fact, if you don't want yours, let me know. LOL

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
ewurm;710438; said:
Dats are different from other larger fish. They grow very slow. Unlike Pacus and Oscars, if it outgrows your tank, you shouldn't have any problem getting rid of it at a premium on the price you paid. In fact, if you don't want yours, let me know. LOL
Too tru.. get em while you can.. Datnoid Feeding frenzy these days..

Razman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
NoVa
ewurm;710438; said:
sorry i dont have one yet but im hoping to soon. maybe once the lfs gets some babys in. the only one they have right now is about 5-6 in.(i think) and is stuck in like a 10-20gal. aquarium with a shovel nose cat, clown knife, and so on. and i felt bad for it.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
Razman;711420; said:
sorry i dont have one yet but im hoping to soon. maybe once the lfs gets some babys in. the only one they have right now is about 5-6 in.(i think) and is stuck in like a 10-20gal. aquarium with a shovel nose cat, clown knife, and so on. and i felt bad for it.
whats the price? what species??silver?? BUYIT NOW!! there fun.. but i like yellow dats much better.. personal pref ..:headbang2

Razman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
NoVa
AquataHolic420;711443; said:
whats the price? what species??silver?? BUYIT NOW!! there fun.. but i like yellow dats much better.. personal pref ..:headbang2
sorry i cant right now. my (small) tank wich is my only current tank is going through an algea spike. it wouldnt be MUCH happier in my tank. (maybe i could get my friend with a 55gal. tank to get it.):naughty:

Razman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
NoVa
sorry i havent ever asked. its a little business and they dont bother buying price tags, so im hoping to build a biggER-but-still-not-to-big tank soon. i could put it in that then build/get a bigger one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store