When you accidentally buy a fish...

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Managed to "accidentally" go buy a pleco today... not certain of species (will post pic to try and get id at some point...) snakehead is singularly unimpressed, but seems to be leaving the new guy alone after one test bite when first releasing (bit of a shredded tail fun but not too bad)... I'm hoping the plec will help with the algae issues in that tank a bit... plus I've wanted one for ages... let's see if this will with as a tank... good news is it gives me an excuse to upgrade my freshwater tank :p hoping if I keep the sh well fed and provide lots of hiding spots it will be ok. I know it's risky, but fed up of snails dying on me and hoping the plec will be hardier - was only 50p more expensive than a snail as well.. just shows the dangers of going shopping unsupervised at the lfs :p (at least I didn't buy the gar or the p's I was drooling over)

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ the only way i've heard of accidentally buying a fish is when there was an unexpected hitch hiker in a bag...

But in OP's case, i guess that was her way of justifying buying a plec, the fact it was only 50p more than a snail...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Yup, it was me justifying buying a fish on impulse that means I have to upgrade my tank... especially given I shouldn't have been buying fish... I needed some snails but at £2.50 each...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
What type of snails are you getting and what for?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ Fair enough, i guess im just spoilt living in Asia, i keep forgetting that prices in Europe can be worst than the US in some cases...

Although with plecs being poop machines, they mabe adding to the problem?

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
^ Fair enough, i guess im just spoilt living in Asia, i keep forgetting that prices in Europe can be worst than the US in some cases...

Although with plecs being poop machines, they mabe adding to the problem?

+1 plecos are poop machines! They create more mess than they clean lol are you putting it in with you channa pulchra?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Pleco clean the glass really well imo, crap is easily sorted if you have good filtration... im sure a pleco will be fine with a pleuro if his has enough size.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
That's the hope yes... not so fussed about mess as do plenty of water changes and gravel cleaning, just can't keep up with the algae on my glass... just got home and the pleco is out of hiding and exploring, he's about two to three inches I'd say and my pulchra is 7-8 inches... I know it's risky but hoping with enough hiding place and plants plus keeping the pulchra well fed, I might be lucky

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store