African arowana

boogeyman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2012
Wilmington nc
Does anyone know how the growth rate is. I'm getting one at 6in but I'm gonna have to grow him to about 12 in before I can put him in the big tank, just wondering how long that will take, hopefully they grow as fast as the other species of aros, thanks

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Mine eats pellets, algae wafers, tilapia. Shrimp, even the other fish's poo. It sucks everything up constantly. I find they are a lot less aggressive with substrate to filter through all the time. Bare bottom tank it was harassing and sucking on all the other fish. It absolutely hates other aros, extremely aggressive toward them.

it's about 23" now. I got it at about 19" from Hao. grown about 4" in the last 8 months.

They seem to slow in growth around the 15" mark

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Mine fought relentlessly with a larger silver and another smaller African aro. Constantly harassed them in a 300. I've heard people day they are worse than jardini with other aro. Mine leaves my bichirs, cichlids, and clown knife alone for the most part. But hates other aros. Probably about the individual fish but I've heard others with the same issue.

I would dare put it with an Asian, they're way too valuable. Maybe if they were together from the time they were young.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Wouldn't dare *

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Afro do hate all other aros fact

I had a tank full of 9 large Asian aros the Afro pushed them all into a corner and that tank had substrate

They are a solo aro just like jar

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
What kind of other aros would it be aggressive with
It really depends on the African Aro. I've had African Aros that were okay with other Aros. I've always had African Aros that fought my other Aros. I've seen several people keeping 24"+ African Aro with other Aros as well, no fighting.

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
need constant food, filter feeders, heard too many stories here how they didn't survive from lack of food

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store