need help!finnex ray2 or planyed+

lian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2014
flushing NY
depends, what size tank and what level of lighting are you going for and co2 or no co2?
thanks!I plan to set up 10 gallon shrimp tank, low and medium light, no co2.buy the way .how about fluval co2 kit?

Sent from my C6603 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
the fluvial co2 kit is silly and not worth it. you'd spend more with the replacement carts over time than you would just getting a proper setup.

I'd actually say get the fugeray, as the planted+ is more PAR and the fugeray is already enough PAR without doing pressurized co2. You'd be good for medium light plants for sure.

lian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2014
flushing NY
the fluvial co2 kit is silly and not worth it. you'd spend more with the replacement carts over time than you would just getting a proper setup.

I'd actually say get the fugeray, as the planted+ is more PAR and the fugeray is already enough PAR without doing pressurized co2. You'd be good for medium light plants for sure.
i got it.thanks!:thumbup:

Sent from my C6603 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ

I agree with hybridherp. Finnex planted+ is too bright for a 10g w/o CO2. Fugeray is a better choice. You can also consider the Current Sat+ LED, same price range as fugeray, same light level, but a lot more effects, especially with custom colors for your tank. Yellow setting is best for plants though w/the sat+.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
Theyre pretty close.... If the 10g is 20x12, (the fixtures aren't the same size with both companies)

At 12 inches
with a 16 inch fixture, fugeray par is 30
with a 20 inch fixture, fugeray par is 43

With the sat+ 18 inch fixture @ 12 inches, par is 36

That's not including substrate.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store