Green Wolf fish/eel anyone?

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
I might be turning my 70 into a salty after my 6x3 is done for the freshies, what I would like to keep is a green wolf. Has anyone kept one before? My one LFS has juvies sometimes and I was told 70 ga minimum but that store also says peacock bass minimum of 120 so gotta double check

Also temperament, can anything be kept w/ them?

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Green Wolf eels aren't really eels they are dottybacks and act just like other dottybacks they have such great personalitys. They will learn to eat from your hand.and get very excited when they see you. the minimum tank size for them is 55 gal and they can get up to 18 inches. You must eel proof the tank they can get out of any holes. Sexing is very easy males are green and females are redish brown or pinkish. Tank mates can be anything that can't fit in their mouth so bigger fish are the best with them. They are just awesome I'm thinking about getting one I have taken care of lots of them but I have never had one at home. :)

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Thanks for the post! Seems like it would be fine in a 70 gallon for a little bit then. They're gorgeous and that's awesome they become personable! That's exactly what I was looking for, didn't want to set up a saltwater tank for something that's going to hide 99% of the time.

dreadfish04

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2008
uk
When i worked in a fish shop i had one about 16" in my coral tank, cracking fish would have another in a heart beat great character, hardy as hell , and stunning to boot ,

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Yep they come up and wag and do all kinds of silly things for attention. awesome fish

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
I'm pumped for this project now. Was thinking of doing a shoal of dent pirahnas but this isounds much better

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Post pics when you get one :)

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Oh yeah it'll get a grow-out thread for sure lol its a bit far off though, at least a few months. I'm pretty pumped to try saltwater, especially w/ a single wet-pet style setup like this will be. It'll make maintenance a million times easier vs a bunch of small fish

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Looking forward to it :) your not gonna add any other fish? Saltwater is pretty easy you will be surprised

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store