Motoro Stingrays

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Im sure you guys get a ****load of people asking the max size of the rays, from people planning to put them into there little tanks. That is not the case here!

I see alot of max sizes of the Motoro ray. Some say 24 inches as max some say 36. Does any of you have fully outgrown motoro rays, if how large are they? (I have seen all the minimum requirements of the tanks for them, and im planning on buying a larger tank than that, but id still like to know the fully outgrown size) What im asking here is not the maximum size ever found, its the size they normally stop growing at.

Id like to see my self as a bit of a fish veteran. Just new with rays.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
There was a thread years ago challenging the max size of motoros in a fish tank and the author was requesting proof of size based personal experience and I think the largest anyone was able to speak for was 24". Most are capable of large sizes but I doubt it will happen in a fish tank and if it did it would take years and years to get there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
I believe that a female motoro will get up to 20" fairly fast but then will grow very slowly up to 30 ish inches if kept in a big tank and fed enough. I dont think anyone keeps motoros long enough.

My female leos are 20 to 24 inches at about 4 to 5 years old and still growing slowly

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Thanks, very much. Does any of you have any experience with the Marbled Motoro or the P14's?

Trey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Dover De
My dad has had a motoro for the past 7 or 8 years in a 450 and it's only about 14 inches

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
So i guess you need to plan for a 30 incher if you want a motoro :)

I think im gonna go with the p14's when i get the time to start up with rays.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store