Potamotrygon Itaituba/P14

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I yesterday made a thread asking you guys what the normal size motoros stop growing at, now im asking what size you guys P14 Stingrays (Also called Itaituba) stop growing at?

Im not asking the largest one you have ever seen, im asking the normal size they stop growing at.

Id love to see pictures too!

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
I'm pretty sure they're the same. And
Females larger than males of coarse.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Maybe, but im not sure tho. Everyplace ive read it says that theyr like a little brother to the leopoldi, that are the same size as the motoro. From what ive read they grow to about 18 inches as max. But you can never really be sure when you read it. I prefer to listen to personal experiences from stingray keepers.

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
T1 has some that are failry old, and i believe his females are 18" plus. I think they may stay a little smaller that leo's but not by much. My p14 are growing at the same rate as my leo, or maybe a little more.

P14's are a neat ray, and change a lot as they grow but are not seen as much as Bd's so it is hard to give accurate info.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
T1 has some that are failry old, and i believe his females are 18" plus. I think they may stay a little smaller that leo's but not by much. My p14 are growing at the same rate as my leo, or maybe a little more.

P14's are a neat ray, and change a lot as they grow but are not seen as much as Bd's so it is hard to give accurate info.
Yeh ok. Thinking of getting a 300cm x 120 x 70 tank. And id like to house a ray pair until theyr fullygrown. Even tho from what ive heard the tank is large enough to house a pair of fully grown leopoldies, but im just thinking that if it where
P14 Stingrays, they would have more room to swim around. What do you think?

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Is it safe to assume that this would be your first experience keeping rays? If so maybe take it down a few notches and start with a less expensive ray. Learn from them and if the upkeep is something you can see yourself doing then sell them and step up to a more expensive ray.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
18-20" for older adults.

300x120x70 would be plenty for a pair or more.
Also for a pair of Leopoldies or Morotos? One thing is that they can live there. But would they have room to swim around, have some roots or plants? (Not filling the buttom, putting longer sticks in the form of a tree, like starting from one place. so i could have Soribum Lima with them.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store