loud marineland 400

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Press down on the intake tube. Does it get quieter? Sometimes you just have to take them apart a few times, clean them, and play with the intake.

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
If after all the cleaning and adjustment, it still makes that clicking noise, your impeller is shot. A worn out impeller is like an out of balance tire It will make noise when it turns. Nothing you can do about it but to replace with a new impeller. It doesn't come cheap, but look for mail order places for the best price.

sdavis76

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
texas
If after all the cleaning and adjustment, it still makes that clicking noise, your impeller is shot. A worn out impeller is like an out of balance tire It will make noise when it turns. Nothing you can do about it but to replace with a new impeller. It doesn't come cheap, but look for mail order places for the best price.
looks llike ill try the impeller . wont hurt i guess

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
I have 2 of the same filters as the op that make the same noise. I would think it's the impeller that is broken or shot. On mine I would have to constantly turn it off and on. Then the noise would go away. Now that doesn't even work. I gave up and just bought a canister and kept them just in case a canister gives out.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
it was impeller change on my pen 350's that fixed VERY similar noise

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store