Is he a goner?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I would think it's probibly not going to make it. Scaless fish like these are diffacult to treat due to their sesativity to a lot of medacations. I just read your other post but there was very little information to go by as far as helping to make any recomendations. I was going to ask you to post your water parameters.

ABigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2014
Ohio
Sorry I probably should have posted that first. Ammonia is 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20ppm and if I nudge him he doesn't even seem to be able to swim correctly at all. He will roll upside down and wriggle. Very sad to see, what could it be?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
It's diffacult to say what it could be. Bacterial, parasitic or water related where the water it came from was different than the water in your. If the fish wasn't acclamated properly the stress could have compromised the immune system making it vulnerable to some pathogen. It's all just speculation at this point.

ABigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2014
Ohio
He was drip acclimated and my water is usually good I test every week before and after WC. I've had him for a few weeks and this was just a sudden onset :/

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America

ABigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2014
Ohio
I hope not :/ I feel bad enough as is haha but I read your post on the other thread as well and back when I bought him he was in a tank with 3 others with only a fake plant to hide and I know these fish tend to be shy when small. To this day all 3 of the other fish died in the store and now they have one in who sits motionless on the bottom

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America

ABigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2014
Ohio
I've been changing 25% of the water daily but he still lays on his side and occasionally swims frantically to the other side of the tank to lay there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store