Fixable???

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Do you think this is fixable???

My lfs offered me this 13" PURE ST for $500 but the catch is... the following...

1) bump on the head
2) cloudy eyes
3) ulcers on the head and cheek
4) slime coat all over the body
5) fungus on fins
6) showing white tips on the fins

but it's swims fine & VERY ROUGH shape

... so tempted!!!! O_O" lol

*no photo were allowed, so took quick snap shots* xD

all comments are appreciated! :D

what do you think? :D

1070.jpg

1071.jpg

1072.jpg

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
im no expert on dats but if it were a cichlid i would say you had a very good chance of sorting it all out assuming you get him fast and add some salt and anti fungus meds... that said we arnt talking about a 10 dollar fish here, if you do be prepared to throw the money down the drain. good luck, probably the fish's best chance going to an mfk member. The seller should be more or less giving it away tho tbh, very cheeky to be asking that much for a sick fish... are they medicating?

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
im no expert on dats but if it were a cichlid i would say you had a very good chance of sorting it all out assuming you get him fast and add some salt and anti fungus meds... that said we arnt talking about a 10 dollar fish here, if you do be prepared to throw the money down the drain. good luck, probably the fish's best chance going to an mfk member. The seller should be more or less giving it away tho tbh, very cheeky to be asking that much for a sick fish... are they medicating?
It is medicating right now and the fish was laid to its side a week ago.

When this fish was healthy, they were asking $1800 thou!

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
i know they are expensive and rare, the holy grail if you like but to me and im sure many others its just a dat, here in the uk i can buy baby dats for 30 quid, about 40 dollars and you know 99.9 percent of the people who see your tank wont know the difference? if thats what you like go for it dude, if its a chance to get the fish you have been craving then give it a shot... im sure aquanero will chime in soon and give his expert opinion on wiether he thinks it will make it, if it was on its side a week ago things are looking good. was it injured by another fish or diseased?

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
According to the owner of the lfs, it was diseased and then it got beat up by a shoal of red parrots

The bad part was the original fish owner just gave the fish FREE to the lfs because of its condition T.T" *sad*

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
i wouldnt personally spend that much on a sick fish... if you are well off, have a hospital tank, a good understanding of whats wrong with it and how you are going to continue treatment, AND dont mind losing the money if it goes tits up then go for it mate... they are extinct in the wild arnt they?? might be they only chance you get to own one if the healthy ones are out of your price range?

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
It is medicating right now and the fish was laid to its side a week ago.

When this fish was healthy, they were asking $1800 thou!
Confused..When was the fish healthy? I thought it came in sick..Sounds like this lfs is really trying to take advantage of somebody or just doesn't know any better. And heck no i wouldn't pay $500. It would be nice to know what this fish looked like when or if he was ever well taken care of

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Confused..When was the fish healthy? I thought it came in sick..Sounds like this lfs is really trying to take advantage of somebody or just doesn't know any better. And heck no i wouldn't pay $500. It would be nice to know what this fish looked like when or if he was ever well taken care of
my bad, the story goes like this

a person bought in 2 ST to this fish store, and wanted the store to sell it for him $1800 a piece.

One of the fish got sold and the other one (the one in picture) got diseased and fins starting to rot.

After a few weeks, this fish was in so bad condition, it laid to its side. The owner of the lfs treated the fish, and after a week or two, it was fine again. Then he mistaking put some blood parrots and the parrot beat the crap out of it!

The original owner thought his fish was a goner and just gave it to the lfs...

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
I wouldnt offer anything, He should give it to you so you can try to save it. He is trying to make money on a sick and beat up fish. No way would I give him that kind of money for a fish in that shape.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store