would these fish get along?

cudamaster13

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
southern california
I am currently trying to figure out if I want to start a large freshwater or saltwater tank, I have kept both before, my last saltwater was stocked with a miniatus grouper, yellow tang, three archerfish I converted to full salt from brackish, a 13 inch indian mud moray(gymnothorax tile) I also converted from brackish, and a very large tiger cowrie snail that ate all my sponges. there were also some cleaner hermits and very small bristleworms. but if I start salt again I am planning on keeping another miniatas grouper, chainlink moray, snowflake moray, blue line grouper, large yellow tangs(adult size), 1 naso tang, chevron tang, and possibly a baby bamboo shark or small ray. the tank will be very large with dry live rock and lava rock structures and caves on both sides of tank with large sandy area in middle/center of tank. I will have sponges and some shaveing brush and sea grape plants in tank along with maybe one piece of coral on rock structures, I will be running a very large sump with a lot of sea weed,sponges, and mangrove plants in sump to help filter out some nitrates ect, and a uv sterilizer. but would the above fish get along?

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Don't put lava rock in a saltwater tank it leaches phosphates and metals. I read about people crashing their tanks and losing everything from adding lava rock. If you want go use something besides live rock go with tufa rock it's very light and looks good in a saltwater tank. Add all the yellow tangs you want at once and the groupers should be last and together it seems like some get along fine and others fight ,but when added young they are normally ok. Everyone should get alone fine. What kind of ray were you thinking about?

cudamaster13

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
southern california
Don't put lava rock in a saltwater tank it leaches phosphates and metals. I read about people crashing their tanks and losing everything from adding lava rock. If you want go use something besides live rock go with tufa rock it's very light and looks good in a saltwater tank. Add all the yellow tangs you want at once and the groupers should be last and together it seems like some get along fine and others fight ,but when added young they are normally ok. Everyone should get alone fine. What kind of ray were you thinking about?
my lfs usually gets in some small rays that are tannish brown colored and round I don't know wat they are but probably one of them.

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Those could be anything lol

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
zoomed.com