Saddest day as a ray owner!

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
Today I have experienced the worst feeling I could have ever imagined in this hobby. I came home today to find my largest/first/favorite Motoro dead. The way he died is what makes it even worse, he got a catfish stuck in his throat, a fish that had been in the tank with him since they were both babies! While I know that stingrays will eat anything they can get their mouths on, the thought never crossed my mind. I hand feed him every day and he was always fat and happy, so it makes me wonder if it was a food thing or territory, either way it blows and that will be the last time any of my rays have catfish as tank mates. RIP Gizmo

image.jpg

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
So sorry for your loss I feel your pain :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
That sucks man.
I had a 6" female retic who would swim to the surface to get food but one of my geophagus nipped her and the bite got infected and she passed away.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Sorry for your loss and pain.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
I appreciate all your condolences, it sucks! I feel like I have to start all over and as you all know, that's a crap shoot. I felt lucky to have a fat and healthy ray, I hope that luck continues with the next male I get. Thanks again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store