Silver Arowana or clown knife

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
I know that this has been asked before but I just wanted to know why some people prefer one over the other and how are their personalities different? I've owned both at different times, years ago and was wanting to get another. My clown starved itself and I came home from school one day and had an arowana skeleton floating at the top of my tank, it was maybe 6"-7" and with a 3" peacock bass.

canadac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
Canada
I find clown knives tend to sit on the bottom and are not very active swimmers. They are pretty to look at but also hide if you have a lot of ornaments in your tank. I personally prefer arowanas. They are very active swimmers. I have never seen an arowana stay still. They are always swimming the length of the tank or weaving in and out of the arches I have created for them. They are also mainly a top strata fish. You could safely look at both for your tank should you decide and of course have the tank size and space.

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
I've had and enjoyed both, but there is something really captivating about watching a silver aro swim back and forth.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fishman61

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2009
MO
I have a 20" clown knife in my 150g, I am fascinated by the manner in which he swims, forwards and backwards. He is interesting to watch, at times he seems to be blind for when I feed him a worm he misses it and swims around until he finds it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store