Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
Not a good mix imho

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
I hate the whole water parameters argument. How many people actually use peat or the media of their choosing to soften the water when they keep aros? Vice versa how many use cichlid salt to harden the water for their frontosas? Worst argument against keeping fish from different regions ever. Truth of the matter is I've personally seen a tank with aros and frontosas. Not only did it work the tank was stunning, two very regal fish swimming side by side (tank was a 300g). Granted if you do it make sure you have the appropriate sized aquarium, shove those fish in a 125g and I'm sure you will have issues!
!

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I hate the whole water parameters argument. How many people actually use peat or the media of their choosing to soften the water when they keep aros? Vice versa how many use cichlid salt to harden the water for their frontosas? Worst argument against keeping fish from different regions ever. Truth of the matter is I've personally seen a tank with aros and frontosas. Not only did it work the tank was stunning, two very regal fish swimming side by side (tank was a 300g). Granted if you do it make sure you have the appropriate sized aquarium, shove those fish in a 125g and I'm sure you will have issues!
!
+1

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
!
Exactly why even worry about parameters at all. Alkalinity, pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, temperature. Make the fish adapt or die, just as long as it suits are desires, right?

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
So many fish in this hobby are captive breed water params are minimum in my opinion
I had a black with my mobas for 2 years with out a problem
All fish were healthy and my mobas bred constantly
Ph was 7.4 an all fish were fine unless fish are wild I don't even bother looking at ph

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
Won't water ph really only matter when it comes to wild fish I mean if you have 3rd 4th etc captive bred fish I would think the need kinda breeds out of them and wouldn't a steady 7.2 ph be more important than a ph that jumps around ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store