polypterus sand

thebichir

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2014
usa
so I have some polypterus any ideas on what sand they like I use gravel for now but they eat it and I always find some gravel in their waste :screwy:

thebichir

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2014
usa
my reason for my cheapness is I have to save enough money for a new heater and filter and a few more bichirs to get my tank started up ;D

thebichir

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2014
usa
It depends on your area but it shouldn't be that much. I got a 60lb container of it for $50 off amazon

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
i love amazon they have everything for such a cheap price whats the sand that u bought from amazon called I want to know because I don't want to buy a sand that's not for a fish tank :p

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
i love amazon they have everything for such a cheap price whats the sand that u bought from amazon called I want to know because I don't want to buy a sand that's not for a fish tank :p
I don't remember. I don't have the container anymore but I just typed in garnet sand. You can pretty much use any sand you want. I have never once bought sand that was for fish tanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

thebichir

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2014
usa
lol so theres no chemicals in them or powders that can harm ur fish if its not for fish tanks?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store