Beaten jardini

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
So I got a big monster community tank.. An my jardini got beat up by what I think is the silver arowana. It is in 125g right now.. I'm going to hospitalize it. How long can and should I leave it in the 40 gallon? Jardini maybe 8 inches. And I have a 6 inch gar that i rescued. How long should I hospitalize them for? Both are extremely docile. And even the jardini... Is docile.. It hasn't snapped yet

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
If I were you I'd pic the aro you like most and get rid of the other. It's not going to work with those two together. If you try and throw 3 more in the mix, it might work for a little while, but your going to need a bigger tank. As soon as you throw the jardini back in, silver gonna hit it again.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
If I were you I'd pic the aro you like most and get rid of the other. It's not going to work with those two together. If you try and throw 3 more in the mix, it might work for a little while, but your going to need a bigger tank. As soon as you throw the jardini back in, silver gonna hit it again.
Yes I think I'm going to get another arowana. I'm not too worried about a bigger tank as April is the planned month for the big tank. 500 gallons. I was thinking my peaceful arowana would be the peace maker. Nope lol

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Twp or three silvers is possible but mixing a jardini will only end in disaster IMO once it hits 10-15" mark its see off the silver no probs they are evil killers ( most are anyway you may get lucky )

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Twp or three silvers is possible but mixing a jardini will only end in disaster IMO once it hits 10-15" mark its see off the silver no probs they are evil killers ( most are anyway you may get lucky )

I'm actually hoping that happens and my jardini snaps.. It's not skittish but it gets pushed round by every fish.... Even my pleco pushes it around...

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Trust me if it manages to get to that size everything's either dead or shredded , I've always thought in the past that jardinis get smashed when small and vulnerable because the other fish can see what's coming if its allowed to grow to killing size (just my thoughts obviously) my old jar killed and ate lots of fish inc things like flowerhorns , Midas , snakeheads and wolffish it was the spawn of Satan :D and my new baby ones turning out to be pretty much the same I think you have to get real lucky to get a friendly jardini

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store