125g Blue Acara, Threadfin Acara, Geo. Redhead Tapajos - Growth Tracking

teqvet

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
SE
I've been taking a silly amount of short videos and pictures of this tank since we got it set up. I'm going to use this thread as a regular update, for myself more than anything, so I can watch how much they change over the next year and how much the scape changes, as it's already changed 5-6 times.

teqvet

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
SE
2-20-2014 Complete rescape, pruning of dead plants that haven't taken the beating (mostly vals), and first signs of an algae bloom going on. Need to get a UV sterilizier but in the meantime neutering photo period. Lot of uncontrollable natural light coming in. Hoping UV sterilizer will take care of the problem when it gets here.

[video=youtube;PpKZOgHyv6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpKZOgHyv6I[/video]

teqvet

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
SE
Did a 75% water change today and had to adjust the 2 canisters as they weren't pushing like they should have. turns out microfilter pads really clog that crap up :D

While emptying the tank i noticed what looks to be a BA pair that has formed and has started breeding behaviours.. shimming and shaking at at each other. They've gone to the far right of the tank now and started clearing it out it seems. Will post videos shortly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store