Diy Divider Help

Convict Cichlids

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2010
NEW YORK
I Would Like To Make A Divider For My 55g Out Of Acrylic. I Would Like To Know The Dimensions To Cut The Acrylic Using The Suction Cups In My Tank.

P1100435.jpg
I Was Thinking Of Instead Of Using The Suction Cups I Can Just Cut It Exactly So I Won’t Have To Use The Suction Cups Eliminating The Gap Between Them.
DividedTanka.jpg

Which Method Is Better?

P1100435.jpg

DividedTanka.jpg

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I used to just cut the acrylic so it fits tight and then get the airline tubing suction cups and sandwich divider between a few of them

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
Without the suction cups, there is always a chance of the divider falling. But I guess for Bettas that's fine because with the suction cup divider they may slip past. This happened to me recently and my flowerhorn got one if my little guys.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jeremoose

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Canada
I Would Like To Make A Divider For My 55g Out Of Acrylic. I Would Like To Know The Dimensions To Cut The Acrylic Using The Suction Cups In My Tank.

View attachment 991923
I Was Thinking Of Instead Of Using The Suction Cups I Can Just Cut It Exactly So I Won’t Have To Use The Suction Cups Eliminating The Gap Between Them.
View attachment 991924

Which Method Is Better?
Not trying to hijack but: where'd you get those suction cups in the first picture?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store