What would you do

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
What would you do with a 200 gallon tank? Money is an object but I'm handy and can do a lot of diy so how would you stock? I don't want a reef tank because of lighting unless there's a cheaper way
200 gallon acrylic
1200 gph return pump
Empty
One overflow in back right corner

Ideas....
Salt fowlr
Stingray with oscars (fresh water)
Stingray with other fish (salt)
Turtle tank
Lizard tank (Coroc skink)
Open to suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
I will stick with freshwater. I keep a marine fish only with some easy corals and reef and it's a pain and a money pit. If you ever want to upgrade it's a pain water changes suck. Since you said you don't want a reef because of lights. You are going to spend a lot more money on a saltwater tank.

I would go with stingrays and oscars. Freshwater stingrays are also much nicer then salt. Maybe a planted tank.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
My friend has a map turtle goldfish tank which is pretty cool.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I'd be quite tempted to avoid excessively large fish, perhaps go for a massive community; would be breathtaking if you got the aquascaping down and inhabitants didnt want to rip each others throats out.

Could still get big community fish like spanner barbs for sizeable fish.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
Maybe some whale fish and other medium sized community fish.... Sand substrate some rocks for caves and such I like it I can easily over filter the heck out of the tank and my wife would be happy I don't have one fish that eats everyone

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Yeah, I appreciate bigger cichlids in tanks like yours; but sometimes it gets super boring having one fish, nice to see large community tanks every so often that are calm to watch.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
If money is an object, why are you talking about expensive fish such as stingrays?

Turtles and other reptiles are very high maintenance, and cost a lot more.

If money is really an object, then put just a few fish in to keep maintenance costs down, food costs down, etc.

For example, I have two 300's, and one has only one fish in it, and the other has 3 - and they cost almost nothing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store