in tank 2L soda bottle k1 reactors

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
anyone using the DIY 2 L bottle K1 reactors? are they working? what size tank do you have it on? thanks

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
Yes, but what's KI reactor?
In Uni we had a gorgeous 85gal and no money. Had 2 cheep little HOBs from a yard-sale and set them to opposite ends of the tank front & back so the surface current went in a circle. We then filled plastic soda bottles (1.5l maybe) with fine gravel and punched a thousand holes in lower half, mainly the bottom. We then shoved the end of the HOB inlet (with screen) into the top of the bottle and through the gravel: Voila- massive surface area.
Plus massive planting and an air-stone.
Helpful?
A

Mayo

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2008
Australia
a mate of mine has some of the K1 coke bottle setups in all of his tanks, they seem to work well just not the most pleasing thing to look at unless u can hide it somewhere

Truetommy

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mass
a mate of mine has some of the K1 coke bottle setups in all of his tanks, they seem to work well just not the most pleasing thing to look at unless u can hide it somewhere
I have a stetup similar to this, and i just used a large shampoo bottle, it has a much better look to it inside the tank than the coke bottle, and you can also find one the same color as your background. You just have to make sure you get all the soap out really good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store