Mini Marbles

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I have in a longer time been trying to find out what species would be good beginner ray for me.
I have found the Mini Marble Motoros now. They look wonderful, and dont get as big as the Motoros, or leopoldies.
You might think now im asking about there size, that im hoping to hear that they dont get big, so i can put them in a to little tank, that is not the case!

I've been trying to get find information on the internet, and have come up with 0, maybe its the Danish Google, because other people seems to have no issue finding information about them.

I have posted a some threads about diffrent species, so i dont hope im spamming.

Id like to know any personal expiriences with them, about fullygrown size, behavior, and there eating habits.

// Karl

Reactions: Van Captain

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Give it time you only waited 4 hours

What size are you expecting from a small ray

Mini marble is not a set breed they are just standard marbles that have stayed small

You get smaller or larger rays in any type of ray

Sizes started are the largest recorded sizes which can be wrong

If you buy a marble and it stays small you can call it mini if you want I would just call it a smaller marble

I think the word mini give people the wrong idea much like the term teacup or even micro pig

I wouldn't call anything below above 10" mini as mini

People see the word mini teacup dwarf micro and they think they can buy one and keep it in a 24x24" cube for life

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Give it time you only waited 4 hours

What size are you expecting from a small ray

Mini marble is not a set breed they are just standard marbles that have stayed small

You get smaller or larger rays in any type of ray

Sizes started are the largest recorded sizes which can be wrong

If you buy a marble and it stays small you can call it mini if you want I would just call it a smaller marble

I think the word mini give people the wrong idea much like the term teacup or even micro pig

I wouldn't call anything below above 10" mini as mini

People see the word mini teacup dwarf micro and they think they can buy one and keep it in a 24x24" cube for life

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

When i heard the word "mini, or midget"

I though it was "midgets" just being bred on.
When you ask me what size ray i was exspecting, i was thinking that a fully grown would be around 18".

Im not planning to put them in a small tank at all.

If i was to get a ray, i would atleast get a 8 x 4 feet tank, as you commented would be a good size at one of my earlier posts.

Im very happy to see you commenting on my threads, you seem to know what your talking about.

// Karl

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
If you are getting an 8 x 4 tank then you don't need to ask all these size questions. Nothing is written in stone and rays come in all various sizes!!!! Some leos are big some are smaller and the same can be said for all rays. But some rays are a small species like scobina and hystrix and Mini marble is a made up name by hobbyists just because there ray was quite a bit smaller then the average size. This means you can't just go out and buy mini or midget marbles as you never know how they will grow as factors like tank size,water quality,food,etc all plays a roll in how your rays will grow. Mini, midget marbles isn't a breed of stingray that you can go and buy with certainty that it will stay small it's the end name used for a marble ray that didn't grow to the average size of a marble ray.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
If you are getting an 8 x 4 tank then you don't need to ask all these size questions. Nothing is written in stone and rays come in all various sizes!!!! Some leos are big some are smaller and the same can be said for all rays. But some rays are a small species like scobina and hystrix and Mini marble is a made up name by hobbyists just because there ray was quite a bit smaller then the average size. This means you can't just go out and buy mini or midget marbles as you never know how they will grow as factors like tank size,water quality,food,etc all plays a roll in how your rays will grow. Mini, midget marbles isn't a breed of stingray that you can go and buy with certainty that it will stay small it's the end name used for a marble ray that didn't grow to the average size of a marble ray.
No, from what i have understood, some people, breed on the "midgets". I know its goma be a mission to get one, but not impossibld tho. If i World trykke and get the mini marbles, id find at trusted breeder that Breda on the midgets.

//Karl

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
No, from what i have understood, some people, breed on the "midgets". I know its goma be a mission to get one, but not impossibld tho. If i World trykke and get the mini marbles, id find at trusted breeder that Breda on the midgets.

//Karl
It's still a crap shoot. You take two midget people and if they have a baby it doesn't mean the baby will be a midget. Sometimes they have regular size children. Same with stingrays, just because both parents are small doesn't mean the pups will all stay small. So to say there is someone breeding stictly midget marble motoros and every pup that is produced will be midget is false or at least I have never heard of it.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
It's still a crap shoot. You take two midget people and if they have a baby it doesn't mean the baby will be a midget. Sometimes they have regular size children. Same with stingrays, just because both parents are small doesn't mean the pups will all stay small. So to say there is someone breeding stictly midget marble motoros and every pup that is produced will be midget is false or at least I have never heard of it.
I dont know with rays, but i know that if 2 midgets have a child, theres a very small chance its not a midget.
But even if it turns out to be a normal sizes marble, id be perfectly fine with it.

Again i know, its gonna be a mission to first find someone who breeds on these midget rays, then later find a way to get them shipped to Denmark, or come get them in the US, or where ever the breeder is.

Right now its all just and idea really.. But again if i had a tank of 8 x 4, id be prepared for a fullysized marble, atleast from what i know.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I dont know with rays, but i know that if 2 midgets have a child, theres a very small chance its not a midget.
But even if it turns out to be a normal sizes marble, id be perfectly fine with it.

Again i know, its gonna be a mission to first find someone who breeds on these midget rays, then later find a way to get them shipped to Denmark, or come get them in the US, or where ever the breeder is.

Right now its all just and idea really.. But again if i had a tank of 8 x 4, id be prepared for a fullysized marble, atleast from what i know.
If i find a breeder i think ican trust, does anyone of you know if its even possible to ship fish to Denmark, without a huge risk of them dying?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store