Looking for 10000K LED

Shark_

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2014
NY
I've got a moderately planted 6ft long tank. The left third is planted (lit by LEDS), the middle is open with no lighting, and right side has a large rock with some small to medium plants around it. I'm looking for an LED light that I can hang over the rock that will only light the rock and the plants around it. Not looking for something that will light the whole tank. The light will be hung 32-36" above the sand and need to cover about a 10" diameter area on the sand bed. I was hoping to find something like a par38, but can't seem to find anything in 10000K range. Not looking to buy a super expensive fixture, but not expecting to pay nothing to get what I want. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
You will likely need to go custom if you want that narrow of a beam from that distance. From 24" off substrate my kessil would light a 3' circle

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
P.S. 10000K is not the greatest for plants, try something in the 6500K area
I've read this a few times recently as I'm new to planted tanks and have been researching/learning a lot. I've seen a few vids on youtube, where people switched from 10k to 6.5k and the growth difference is noticeable.

Look at Walmart for a cfl bulb in the 6500k spectrum and elsewhere find a narrow hood style lamp that will direct the light.

Shark_

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2014
NY
Yeah I understand 6500k is better for growth. This is a fish first, plants second tank and I find 10000k more appealing to the eye. I'm not as concerned about how fast the plants grow as long as they don't die. Thanks for all the help and ideas everyone, much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

A_K_Kicker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
KC, MO
+1 on the kessil for how deep the tank is. It's a little pricey (wanted one for my 30 but par would've been ridiculous) at about $220, but it's an extremely well built led light. Other than that you'll probably have to make a custom light or get a bunch of led fixtures for the par to be relevant in a tank that deep. May want to just use t-5 ho :/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store