Dubs First Aquarium

Dubs

Feeder Fish
Feb 23, 2014
America
This is my first aquarium. It a been running for 2 months. It is 30 gallons.

1) Is my filtration good?

2) Are my fish healthy?

3) I wanted an arowana fish.They get big. How long can it live in this tank?

4) Can a Oscar live with a arowana?

Thank you for your time.

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

IMG_1202.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1207.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

Aweshade9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA
This is my first aquarium. It a been running for 2 months. It is 30 gallons.

1) Is my filtration good?

2) Are my fish healthy?

3) I wanted an arowana fish.They get big. How long can it live in this tank?

4) Can a Oscar live with a arowana?

Thank you for your time.
1. What filtration are you using?
2. Looks like it
3. Arowana can live in a thirty gallon for about 2 months. They get like 24" (36 feet for silver arowana)
4. Not in your tank. Dont get an oscar or arowana.

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
It looks like your pink fish has a broken back. Hard to tell from the blurry pic.

I would not get either a Oscar or Aro just yet. Wait a few years and keep smaller/cheaper fish at first and learn from your mistakes. Sometimes it takes months for things to build up to where you run into a problem, you've only just started. Besides, you would need much larger tanks for the Oscar or Aro. If you plan to buy a fish, plan to keep it for life. Don't just buy a fish to keep it in your tank until it no longer fits. A fish should always have more space than it needs to grow, which will help it grow faster and larger.

X2 on the metal stand. The angle bent into the iron doesn't help.

dubsPart2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Ustados Unidos
I got the stand from craigslist. I think it is an actual fish tank stand. i think the curve is part of the style. I am not sure which model filter I have. It takes whisper large filter pads. I will post picture of it.

I didn't get the arrowana or oscar. My fish list is 3 glowfish, 2 bueno areas tetra, 2 black mollys and 2 guppies. Brokeback my pink fish has perished. He/she was a cool fish and very active. He/she use to eat all the food before others can get it.

I want to turn it into a planted tanks. I have A 24 watt light. What plants are good? Do I have enough light for elodea? I am not really looking on upgrading my lights.

dubsPart2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Ustados Unidos
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store