Lfs employees

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Are you one? Am I. My favorite question is "do you have any of those black sucker fish that eat the poop?"

What's yours.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
I used to be one. I would get the do you have any fish that clean the tank? I would respond with there are no fish that clean the tank that's your job. Lol I heard the poop one loads too. Or when people walk around looking at fish with a bowl then ask how many they could put in there. I'm so glad I could refuse sale lol

gt1009

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Wilmington, NC
I used to be, and as of now I still am in a sense, but on a much larger scale. The great questions you get from customers will never stop, and everybody comes in the door thinking they can put a 6 foot shark in a 55 gallon tank, or build a 500 gallon tank for $45.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I used to work in a shop and it was the most fun I have ever had at a job...The tank cleaning fish has to be the most sought after species lol.

cephalofoil

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2013
landlocked.
I recently started working at a chain and those are the 2 questions I hear most often. The pleco eating poop and the "what can I put in a bowl".

The fish dept is run so terribly that they asked me to be fish manager after only 4 shifts. Its a **** storm. No driftwood for royal pleco, no brackish setup for gsp and archers, sponges in sump not rinsed in months. We lose large amounts of fish on a daily basis and they keep doing the same things.

I'm doing the best I can with the fishes best interest in mind but its not easy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
@ krichardson lol really

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I used to work in a shop and it was the most fun I have ever had at a job...The tank cleaning fish has to be the most sought after species lol.
That species is worth even more then a platinum shortbody! :D

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Oh then there's the person asking why there fish are dieing and after asking the how long has the tank been set up what kind of fish and how many etc you find out they have a ten gal with like 20 fish they got at Walmart. Or the leopard puffer that needs to be converted to saltwater. I took in soo many Walmart fish.

cephalofoil

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2013
landlocked.
I got chastised for taking too long cleaning a disgusting sump so my customer count was low....but seriously there was inch thick brown sludge all over the pump and sump walls and every bucket I siphoned out looked like chocolate pudding. Ugh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store