Ichthyology

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
I think you will have a problem: Ichthyology is a class, not a career and you will have to take depends on what the major you want. For example: Aquatic Biology, Wildlife Management, Marine Biology, Aquaculture etc...Then there's a different kinds of degree such as A.A, Bachelor's and Master's degree. Don't take A.A degree because you are less likely to be hired for your job with that degree. You do have better chances to being hired if you have a bachelor's or master's degree.

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Want to make a life out of fish eh? Sounds fun :)

I would be surprised to see it for a bachelors, if I were you I'd pick a good zoology school and just focus your course work. Then for graduate find a professor that works in the field to get your phd from. Would you rather do research out in the wild or maintain an aquarium? If you want to work in an aquarium and are motivated and brilliant get a double major in zoology and chemical engineering. On a large scale the pumps and piping and filters and reactors are all built and designed by chemical engineers.

I am a chemical engineer, I do new process development and help run a pilot plant. There actually was a job at a large aquarium where I work to be i charge of the life support system and I would have had a great chance at it, but it would have been a massive pay cut.

Also, a word to the wise. Degrees caring and studying for animals are fun and popular, and not a ton a jobs so there is a TON of competition. If you don't get straight A's you will be lucky to find a job shoveling poop.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store