Reef Safe Fire Hydrant

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
I would like to put this in my marine pond. What is the easiest way to coat it?
IMG_1331[1].JPG

IMG_1331[1].JPG

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
I also have this which I want to coat. This should be easy compared the hydrant.

IMG_1332[1].JPG

Riley S

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2014
Minneapolis
With a paint brush. I would put both items in a rubbermaid tub or similar when coating, because it will drip a lot. I'd also have each elevated so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the container when the resin dries. You'll want to make sure to really slather the stuff on and not miss a single part, even if the item will only partially submerged. There is still risk of poisoning the tank if you only coat the bottom half.

Reactions: Cu455

rottbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
West Des Moines, Ia
Have both items media blasted to bare metal then get a good marine safe two part epoxy and coat them both entirely I would dip the hydrant to make sure the inside is completely coated as well then u should be fine... If it's going in a glass tank though I would make a base out of some sort of plastic like acrylic or starboard to protect the glass from contact with the metal. I would actually cover the whole bottom of the tank with a nice thick piece of the plastic to help distribute the weight

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Reactions: Cu455
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store