What's Wrong with My Glass? !

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
I have what looks like steam on the front glass of my aquarium. At first I thought it was lime deposits, but it's as if it's inside the glass.

I know that sounds weird, but when I clean outside the tank, this film looking stuff looks like it's inside the tank. When I try to use a scraper inside the tank it looks like it's on the outside--like the steam is inside the glass.

If I try to a metal scraper I got for lime, it's as if it has no effect.

If I can't figure this out and get it fixed, I'm in trouble. It is no where else besides the front glass.

I'm going to try to post a picture, but if the picture doesn't come out it might throw you off.

BTW It is only 1 ply of glass.

Please help!

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
do you have a double pane glass tank?

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
Here is a picture looking up towards the aquarium light. You can see how this 'stuff' retracts the light like steam :-(

uploadfromtaptalk1393292380372.jpg

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
acrylic?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
looks allot like a bad buff out job.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I am looking at that just do not have a clue, hopefully some one else does. looks like bad buff out, its in the glass not on the glass per say. weird.

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
I am looking at that just do not have a clue, hopefully some one else does. looks like bad buff out, its in the glass not on the glass per say. weird.
Yeah, really weird. I bought the tank new and it's about 4 or so years old. It just started happening and I just thought I could clean it off.

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Glass doesn't cloud from the inside, you are mistaken about something.

It's likely the answer has already been said, but what about is there a protective plastic cover you never took off?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store