In your fish keeping experience how often has a "impulse fish buy" worked out?

For me, in 30 years, i'd guess it's worked out in the long run less than 5 per cent of the time.

What's you percentage.

By the way, this speaks to the absolute folly of impulse buy, or buying without a plan.

Seahorse8383

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Just once has it worked out for me. I still have my male jack dempsey. I bought him just because my.mom had the when I was young but I didn't do any research. My other impulse buys ended up getting rehomed. I have learned to do some research. After doing lots of research I have learned that I prefer peaceful fish.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Anytime i go to a fish auction... and yes i would say a low percent but not 5 percent... I tend to adjust plans around the fish sometimes.
Interesting, i'm not sure i've ever adjusted tanks to suit impulse buys. Lets' say that impulse buys are a thing of the past with me. Too much trouble.

Just once has it worked out for me. I still have my male jack dempsey. I bought him just because my.mom had the when I was young but I didn't do any research. My other impulse buys ended up getting rehomed. I have learned to do some research. After doing lots of research I have learned that I prefer peaceful fish.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Me to. that's why I keep 100 per cent fancy goldfish now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store