Help choosing stock!!

Athleticfisherman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
Canada
I'm almost done building my 240 gallon plywood tank, just wondering what are some cool, weird or colourful ideas to place in my tank. I currently have 2 10" giant asian upside down catfish ,a large tinfoil barb, and a banded leporinus

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
this is a very hard question to answer because it's all subjective and everyone likes different things

can you post a picture of your upside down catfish though? would love to see

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
Haha nice a fellow upside down catfish keeper! Yes please post pics. For a tank that size were you thinking about keeping a few larger fish or groups of smaller ones? I like Arrowanas and Clown Knife fish for larger types. But if you want some smaller fish with color you could always fill it with a nice EBJD and a BGJD mate to match and just add in a few other fish here and there. Either way you got some room so start your wish list!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Asian upside downs are they the black in colour with silver speckles ???? Man those fish are evil I had two many years ago as a kid they battered everything in my tank :D, from what I can remember there proper fin nippers so an aro may get shredded depending on what yours are like ???? Big cichlids may hold there own better and won't be open to attacks from beneath IMO
Post some pics up not seen one in a while :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
Awesome tank and sweet lookin fish. As for the aggression issue for these guys, do yours go after your other fish a lot chasing them around? I think my upside down catfish is more docile now after having played top dog with my oscar for a straight year. Now she's one of the group and never picks on anyone or has any problems. Just wondering what you might be able to house these beasts with if they are more aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

johnny819

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
philadelphia
very cool lookin tank, how wide is it. i also agree on the ebjd, probably my favorite fish. maybe a tire track eel or fire eel, have yet to own a fire eel but they are really cool lookin. all depends on what you like, i tend to like the oddballs more.

reptileguy112

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
silver dollars, auratus cichlids, red tail sharks, rainbow fish, longfin skirt tetras, angels, and last but not least a rainbow collection of discus!(don't get longfin skirt tetras unless they are full size or the discus are babies when you get them if you get discus)

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
If you plan to keep the tinfoil barb, they would do better as a group, maybe add 4 more, then maybe some bigger not overly aggressive cichlids.you could try:eek:scar, pearsei, boucorti or a chocolate

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store