Gourami fish

johnny819

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
philadelphia
I have a 72 gallon that i just restarted and have decided to go with gouramis over angelfish. Cool fish but imo i think gourami have better colors. I was wondering what kind of gouramis i could put in my 72 gallon tank.
I definitely will be getting the powder blue dwarf gourami as i really really like blue fish. So i need some opinions on fish that are compatible with them and the rest of my stock

peacock eel
3 pictus catfish
4 glass catfish
3 zebra danio
1 elephant nose
1 pleco
1 gold dojo loach

i want to get atleast one powder blue or two and need suggestions on two others to get. Also ones thag stay below 5 or 6 inches. Thanks for your help in advance

johnny819

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
philadelphia
ehh those ones are not for me. i was thinking maybe two kissing gouramis. but i am confused on how big they. actually get. i am seeing anywhere from 6 inches to 12 inches.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
With that list, the glass cats will easily get bullied, or at least stressed from all the action - I'd leave those out.

Pearls are gorgeous - and would be a great match for the dwarfs.

Opalines/blues/oranges - they all squabble.

Snakeskins are GORGEOUS, and a bit bigger but still friendly enough.
Kissers can become bullies - and would definitely at least push some of your other fish around - They can reach 10 inches or so, but take forever to do so. If you left out the dwarfs, you could go with the more boisterous ones such as kissers, opalines, and still go with the snakeskins, moonlights, and pearls.

On the other hand - you could go with a new list of stock, MINUS the boisterous fish (such as the pictus cats) and stick with dwarfs, AND the glass cats, etc.

johnny819

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
philadelphia
okay instead of the glass cats, what schooling fish could i go with? i was thinking some rainbows as i read they that they school but i didnt know if they would be too active and stress out the elephant nose. ive been planning this tank for a couple weeks and have been constantly changing my mind. with my cooler looking fish like the gold nugget pleco and elephant nose being fish that tend to hide, i was looking for some nice fish that swim around. and i was thinking dwarf gouramis would be great since they are not too active or aggressive and will not stress the elephant nose

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store