New wild fish collected 02/25/14 !! Rare Stuff!

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
This is what I have available right now. Sorry for the long rant and email, which I'm going to send out to everyone. I just returned from South America visiting multiple countries collecting fish, and will be going again to virgin forests next month for some rarer fish. People often wonder why the cost of a certain fish is so high and I will explain.

These fish require me taking time off for a few weeks, going down South America, getting people to collect specific fish, then treating the fish, getting permits, days of sleepless nights at government offices and air cargo facilities down South America, in order to get these fish, to your fish tank.

Many of these fish are not fish you can just buy from a local wholesaler. After visiting multiple wholesalers down in South America, all do not have what I'm looking for, and many cannot be exported. Also, since the aquarium trade focuses on catching smaller aquarium specimens, like tetras, and discus, angelfish, they do not have the equipment to catch, or know where to catch and keep these fish alive.

If you want to go visit yourself, I welcome you to do so, pick a country, get a ticket, $1000-1500.00, try to find the fish from a market, mostly dead, and then try to find a live one, or go with a cocaine addicted fisherman, that fish's for food, and try to tell him why he needs to catch you a few small piraiba and keep them alive when harvesting nets, and see what his response may be- I know, because I did just that. I'll post pictures later. These guys live along the river in tin shed roofs, they never shower, rarely eat, pull nets to make money, catching anything they can. The nets they use trap medium sized fish, small ones are left to die or throw back, and big ones are not freed from the nets until all the nets are pulled in. Also they do not speak ENGRISH

Once you get the fish, try to get the permits to ship them out, and get a booking to ship fish cargo. This is not Iquitos, Peru where the hub of neon tetras are shipped. Spend a few hours at each office, after packing fish for one day, and a few flights later, then unpacking fish for a night. After a weeks of planning, phone calls, and emails by the dozens, days spent in unknown country, risking life and limb, plane tickets to and from, few thousand dollars invested in shipping, a few weeks off work, braving the wrath of the wife (priceless), and a few dead fish, hours of packing, and unpacking. Ask yourself, how much is it worth? Or you can just stroll down to your local store and buy a neon, discus or pleco without the hassle.

Do you know why hoplias malabaricus are so cheap compared to aimara? Malabaricus are caught even in rain ditches in down, and flood drains, but the hundreds. Hoplias aimara are found about 6 hour drive out of town in smaller rivers tributaries of the main river, in clean water.

Siniperca scherzeri "korean perch" 7-8" $150.00 each
Lates microlepis 7" $185.00 similar to a nile perch, but nicer
Lates japonicus 6" $225.00 similar to a barramundi, but 10x rarer, with red eyes and nice pattern
Hoplias aimara 8" $700.00
Hoplias aimara 11" , and 13" $750.00, $850.00
Brachyplatystoma piraiba 12" x 1 $3800.00
brachyplatystoma vaillanti 6" x 1, and 12" x 1 $400.00, and $1200.00
Cichla "brokopondo" 5" x 2 3" x 1 both wild fish, nice colors $150.00 and $125.00
Hoplias curupira 10" x 1 $275.00
L24 pleco, Wild cactus pleco 4.5" $125.00

Said fish is what I have right now in stock, on hand and ready to ship. Shipping will vary depending on fish size. The larger cats must ship Cargo, Next flight guaranteed, which will run about $150.00, airport to airport.

Payments can be made via paypal to amazonaq@gmail.com, cash or unless other arrangements are made.

I'll post more pictures later, and you can see yourself the cocaine fisherman

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Awesome post - and I would also like to add, to remind people, that he also needs to maintain the facility to house these fish in, HERE in the US, which isn't cheap either.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
I'm glad you're home safe, Wes.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
This is the most entertaining thing I have yet to read on MFK. Thank you for what you do, and more importantly the entertainment you provide talking about it! Totally made my night.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store