Writing a research paper on fish keeping/native fish

wildflower

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2013
Flint, Michigan
For my writing 102 class we just got assigned to write an argument type research paper.

I would like to try and do something about natives or bans on types of fish. But I am getting stuck on what to focus directly on. I would love to do it on proper sizing of tanks but I don't know if i could get it to be long enough. There is different ways I could go but any sort of suggestion would be awesome.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
You should write about basic fish keeping: nitrogen cycle; tank space; filtration; fish compatiblity.

It would help the hobby to educate the proper way to keep an aquarium.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
You should write about basic fish keeping: nitrogen cycle; tank space; filtration; fish compatiblity.

It would help the hobby to educate the proper way to keep an aquarium.
But how that is an argument type research paper?

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
but if I were you, I would focus on the banned species.

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Just the different ways to set up and cycle a tank could be the argument

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Since MN_Rebel pointed out my misread, and he and I got into a slight spat yesterday over a particular topic, it occurred to me that this may be an interesting topic for your paper. How about an argumentative paper on "hybrids"?

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Since MN_Rebel pointed out my misread, and he and I got into a slight spat yesterday over a particular topic, it occurred to me that this may be an interesting topic for your paper. How about an argumentative paper on "hybrids"?
I think the snakehead/Asian Arowana ban in United States would makes more interesting than the hybrids. There are more articles about the snakehead bans on the internet. Good arguments on this subject from what I've read on MFK than the hybrids.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store