HELP!! SICK FISH!!! RAMNDOMLY WATERCOW!

bryan.u159

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2013
United States
hey forum i was at work when my wife told me my cow had white dots on him alot of it nd i thought it was ick the way she described it, but when i got home on further inspection this looked nothing like ick. i need your help guys this looks like a sort of fungus how did my cow get this? and what can i do to heal it? please help me what medicine will save my cow from certain death?!?!?! only 2 more tank mates pleco and ray

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Looks like fungus to me.
Fungus is normally caused by infected bites or bad water params. It looks too spread out to be a bite so I'd check your water.
I'd use pimafix but if that doesnt work I'd go for something stronger like mardel fungus cure (I believe thats what it's called)

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Is that a bunch of uneaten food in there ? (Photo 10.)

If the water params were fine, this wouldn't happen - unless if he had some injuries that later got infected - which does not happen overnight. In fact - are you sure you didn't notice anything wrong before ?

Do you clean the gravel when you do your WC's ?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
What's your water parameters Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates & Ph. Please provide numbers.

bryan.u159

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2013
United States
my wife threw that uneatten food in there she kept doing it trying to get the cow to eat and ill do a water change and buy the medicine

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
^ wate what med are you buying? Do you have the ability to test your water parameters?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store