Filtration And Lighting Advice

Embittered

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2010
New York
I'm planning out my first real planted tank but have come to a road block trying to figure out how much filtration to go with on my tank. The tank is a 65g (34x18x24). I usually over filter my tanks and am planning on putting an Eheim 2262 on this tank but I think it might be complete over kill. What do you guys think? Any recommendations on what filters i should possibly go with if the Eheim turns out to be overkill?
Also I purchased a Finnex FugeRay Planted + LED but since the tank is somewhat tall, would one light be enough for it or should i go with two?

In advance sorry if im asking overly asked questions, would just rather figure this stuff out than making a mistake and having to buy something i wont need

Pbaff

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
SW Missouri
That is a lot of filtration for that tank, but I don't know why it would cause an issue. The only problem I could see would be too much water movement, but that can be fixed with a spray bar.

That light will be enough for most plants. If you plan to grow high light plants you will need to run a little more though. I have a Planted+ over half of my 120 (60x18x24) and it is enough light to get by on, but I plan on upgrading later with more light.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store