The Next Generation of MFKeeper!!

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Ha ha very cool!

My 2.5 year old daughter loves getting up on a step stool to see the tanks. She calls them mommy fish, daddy fish, etc

Whenever my 6 month old son is crying i just take him down to see the fish and he quickly relaxes and watches the fish

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
My 6 year old daughter can tell you every species we have in the house ( which is quite a few) and my 2 year old son just goes from tank to tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
My 7yr old son saves his allowance money to buy fish. A chip off the ol block I'd say!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bbradtmiller

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
That's awesome!! Glad to see others out there the same!

I brought home a catfish that was somewhat smaller, and my son jumped up and down and said "Yeeeyyy he's just my size! He's my best buddy!"

And he still gets excited at night when he gets to feed his fish in his room! It's great to see.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
I'll never forget the moment when I handed my now 4 years old son his net and he caught angelfish fry out of our breeder tank ...
Family is what it's all about. Thanks for sharing with us.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
My two year old daughter loves to feed the fish with me also!. She hangs out down with me while I do water changes and just relaxes and watches on the couch. Thats the only time she ever really sits still!

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
My kids love my fish. My daughter has had her own tank since 1.5 years old. My goal is to have her gold fish last until college so she doesn't develop multi-tank syndrome :)

When I come home my 2.5 year old son say pish, pish, pish. And we go feed the fish. When I am the LFS I have my 3.5 year old daughter identify fish just to show off a bit :D oh and they both fight over helping with water changes. I don't know how many times I have to say keep the hose in the bucket.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I'm beyond kids. Now it is grandkids. They love standing on a stool and watching. The 9 year old tells her friends not to bang on the tanks, the fish don't like that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store