Marks/Spots between NTT dat

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
I picked up two NTTs a few months back and noticed both of them developing marks between their eyes (actually 2, kinda look like nostrils). I don't know the anatomy of fishes and just wanted to know if that was normal. One of the dat has been bullying the other. They are both currently 3 inch and I have them separated until I find another one to possibly stop the aggression.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sounds normal to me....the nostrils(if that's what they are)and the bullying.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It could but you never know with these fish until you try it.Most people have trouble with just two dats and some get along fine.Do you have any hiding places for the two that you have?

ookutoo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
bloomfield NJ 07003
I would suggest odd numbers. 3,5,7. I have 4 and I always see one hiding. Im going to get another to spread out the aggression and see if it helps. Ur chance of having just 2 and not fight is very low. I say get another and see how it goes. Good luck.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Looks like hole in the head.... I've only had one that had it and I bought it like that but once in my water it started to heal. I'd do some big water changes and don't use carbon... You will probably see it start to heal.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just curious but why no carbon?

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Yes it is hole in the head you treat the tank with salt. If wont affect them as they are brackish water species do partial water changes. Do not give them live fish at the moment and make sure they are eating fine. Give them vitamin C it's very important and it might heal. Feed them Hikari

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store