blood red parrot fish help!

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
hey y'all, i got a few blood red parrot fish and two king kong parrots... and some of them have holes in there head.. what should i do ... should i try taking out the carbon?.. i try some med. but doesn't seem to work.. LFS guy told me its never going to heal

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
It will heal. Its called hole in the head disease or HITH. Do a couple water changes and add some salt. It can be healed usually but it is commonly caused by poor diet and/or poor water conditions. Have a water test kit on hand?

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
hey y'all, i got a few blood red parrot fish and two king kong parrots... and some of them have holes in there head.. what should i do ... should i try taking out the carbon?.. i try some med. but doesn't seem to work.. LFS guy told me its never going to healDSC_0524.JPG

DSC_0524.JPG

BigFinn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
America
Go with the advice already given. water changes with salt. If you are only feeding mealworms that might be a problem too. you need to start feeding a high quality cichlid pellet. Do you have a test kit? Test the water and tell us the results.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store