My plans for the hobby are getting better and better!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
A lot of stuff has been happening lately with my involvement in the hobby (all good stuff :) ) and I thought I would share the news with you guys!

My 75 gallon news:
So for those of you who follow my threads you know I can't decide on a stock list for more than two days! I went to my first meeting of my local fish club tonight and the guest speaker was a very well known cichlid breeder with at has had over 70 tanks in his fish room, bred over 140 cichlid species with 19 of those being the first recorded breeding cases of the fish in the us. I gave him the backstory on my 75 and a few other details and he recommended a breeding pair of green sevs to go with my giant danios and two catfish. I have been wanting to get into breeding for a while, partially just to breed and partially to get money to support my hobby. So no offense to any of you (I mean that, really!) but being the well known keeper that he is I am going to stick with his stock idea for my 75.

my 30 tall gallon news:
again having to do with my local fish club meeting. I will be sticking with the planted tank plan and possibly be selling one of my fish in the tank. I may start breeding livebearers such as mollies or guppies as well as breeding sevs in my 75 gallon.

Other tanks:
getting tired of saying this but my fish club is so supportive of me in this hobby it's rediculous! One of the guys there started talking about breeding a bunch of different species and with my and his persuading I managed to get my parents to allow me to buy for my self one or two 20 gallons within a few months to breed even more species! I was thinking maybe Corydoras or smaller cichlids (not cons, I can't give those away fast enough!) possibly rainbow cichlids or keyholes. 180 is still planned for about two years from now!

going to this meeting was one of the best things that has happened to me since I got into the hobby.

so what are your guys thoughts on all this?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store