125 Fresh Stock

badassissimo

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Mansfield, Louisiana, U.S.A.
Hello again,

I tried starting a thread a while back. I didn't format it very well apparently because the responses took several posts to line up with what I had intended to receive. It isn't an issue because in the end, I learned that what I had in mind, wouldn't work. I tried changing the flow in the same thread but the responses didn't come. Here is that new flow.

I like big fish and I like community tanks. I have a 125g I am planning. I'd like it to be freshwater. I already have some nice rocks, pots, and driftwood (Malaysian). If we do plants again, they'll be fake and mounted/suctioned. Without any other criteria than this, would anyone like to offer a suggestion for what to stock for a tank that is going to be enjoyable for me and my family; aquarists that enjoy big fish and community tanks.

jeremoose

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Canada
Blue Acara, Severum, Columbian Tetras, and possibly an interesting catfish like the bottom like a Raphael Cat?

badassissimo

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Rainbow fish. Sweet. Are there any other suggestions than blue acara for cichlid or big fish? I've heard puffers can be rewarding for a solo tank.

cichlidsmart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
India
Have you thought about dollar fish,Giant danios and Buenos Aires tetra. 2nd the congo tetra's and severum. Do help answer my thread, "cichlid stocking help needed " too!

Cichlidsmart

badassissimo

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
I actually really like Buenos Aires tetras and congo tetras get pretty too. I just don't know if a cichlid will leave them well enough alone. :)

I'll check on your thread as well. Thank you, sir.

badassissimo

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
I like the look of the Rotkeil Severum. I'm just not real sold on it. I like the look of a black crappie. I just don't know if it wouldn't turn into an eating machine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store