Connecting two tanks

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
Has anyone ever tried to connect two acrylic tanks together?
I have a 480 gallon and a 360 gallon. I will be moving shortly and I was thinking about putting them together once they are in the basement. Has anyone attempted to do this before? The seal between two of them would be hidden in a wall. Thoughts?

JayPee

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
I have done it with 2 glass tanks.
I just drilled the tanks and fitted a bulkhead or 4 between them.

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
This is currently something I'm working on with a new invention I'm working on. My dream is to have a 480 gallon and then link it up to some other large acrylic tank possibly even a 2000 gallon plus cinder block tank with a viewing window in the future. I plan on doing this by drilling six to eight inch across holes in the top foot of the two tanks and then hook up PVC pipe fittings. The PVC pipe fittings would

http://www.deviantart.com/art/The-Fish-tank-highway-system-420602781

The PVC pipe fittings would lead into acrylic water toughs that would be supported by specifically built shelves that would go between the two main fish tanks. These thoughts would be built in four, or eight and even 12 foot long sections depending on how far the two tanks are apart from one another. Also the PVC pipe fittings would allow you to take the system apart if you wanted to move the system to a new house.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Custom-300-gallon-acrylic-fish-tank-419297840

Currently I have bought some acrylic sheets to build a 30 gallon long acrylic aquarium that will be four feet long and a foot deep and a foot wide. It is made out of 1/4 inch thick acrylic. The 30 gallon aquarium will act as a Test fish tank to test my fish tank building skills to see if I should attempt to build a 480 gallon fish tank. Another think the 30 gallon test fish tank will become the first water trough in my fish tank highway system when I buy or build two 300 or 400 gallon fish tanks on each side of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store