Where to buy?

BHoskins24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2010
Ohio
In the market for a stingray for my 250 gal tank that's been up and running now for a little over 2 months. No one in my area sells stingrays. Is there a vendor on here I can contact or is there some good trusting online sites I can order from?

oldfish

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
Beavercreek Ohio
There maybe someone near you that has rays for sale.What kind of ray(s) are you looking for? Where in Ohio are you located?

BHoskins24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2010
Ohio
Located in Shelby ohio near Mansfield ohio. Hour and 15 min south of Cleveland and hour and 15 north of Columbus. I'd like to find one that will live comfortably in my 250 for awhile. I'm still learning so not sure what would be a good choice for a good starter ray.

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
Beware of suggesting vendors that you haven't used. I would buy rays from highly recommend private parties. Definitely not aquascape :what:

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
Retic is your best bet due to their 'small' size, maxing out around 14-18". Many lfs can order them in but be ready with meds and a steady supply of blackworms. And remember, driving an hour or two to another lfs is cheaper and less stressful than shipping.

shaunpp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2013
Tonbridge, England
Motoro Ray is supposed to be the easiest Ray so I hear? but grow quite large. If you get a rectic make sure it's feeding well and in good health I had no problems with mine even though it wasn't in top condition when I purchased but I have heard many stories of them not eating and dying of disease. there's loads of info on past threads on here from experts of rays.

Sent from my LT30p using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
There's a vendor here from Gallena Ohio (spelling) Who has all types of black and hybrid rays. Maybe Motoro too. He posted not too long ago. Take a peek

BHoskins24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2010
Ohio
Thanks guys already bought marbles from the guy in galena! They are awesome thanks for your responses!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store