Warm or hot plants

austmyth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2014
San Marcos, Texas
Ok so this is my first time posting here and my question is what type of plants would I be able to use or keep healthy in and 55g cube tank with temps between 77 degrees to 82 degrees, and more on the warmer end.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Heretik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
Your question is too vague dude. What lights are you using? Planning on doing c02? Low or high light plants? Basically what is your setup

austmyth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2014
San Marcos, Texas
Sorry I'm still pretty new to the planted tank. All I really have right now is this tank itself. I was hoping to just get a few ideas and continue my research. This tank is going to take awhile to get set up. Yes I was planning on using a co2 setup. And as far as lights are concerned I know next to nothing.

But the lighting really depends on the plants no?

A_K_Kicker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
KC, MO
The lighting determines what plants you can have. If you are running co2 you'll probably want to run a light with a higher par/output. Plus at that point you'll have to dose fert also. Look up green leaf aquatic, they have killer deals on dry f erts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
Yes. Your plants should be just fine at 77. Any reason you want to keep it warmer than that?

Doing your research before you even start is a great ideas. There are many many different types of setups just for substrate!

austmyth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2014
San Marcos, Texas
Well I was playing with idea of doing a heavily planted tank with at least two discus, around 5 to 10 dwarf Cory doras, and maybe 15 black neon tetras. Of which I know the discus require a higher temp. And the others are fish that I've read will be comfortable in these higher temps. But my real concern was the plant species that can kept healthy at these higher temps

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
Have you checked over at plantedtank.net yet? Lots of good info on what youre setting up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store