Platinum endlicheri bicher inquiry.

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
I was wondering how much these run for. I was approached with a trade for some plecos, and was offered 2 (he has 3)for my plecos. Is that a good deal? I'm not familiar with polys so thought i would ask the experts here. They are 3" no photo yet but saw in person. Very cool but wow.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Do they look like my avatar? If they're indeed platinum Endli, then it's a good deal. However, if they're white-tank treated Endli or platinum Senegal, then it's a rip-off. Honestly, it sounds too good to be true. If you're not familiar with poly, get some picture and post here to get proper ID

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Thanks for the sound advice. I'll meet him later and take a pic. It had huge gill pieces like mud dogs.
That is normal. Bichir has gill pieces at 3"

mikehagan

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
What kind of plecos and how many? I agree, this seems too good to be true. Sounds like a killer deal. If it has any sort of stripes what so ever it is not a platinum.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
No, they're not platinum. Look like WTT

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm not familiar with white tank treatment. Is this a temporary effect? Does that mean the white shine will eventual revert to its natural pattern? At this size, notice the pen, a true platinum will be free marking at that size? Apologies for all the questions but it's a pricy trade and not much info out there web wise.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store