Epaulette and Grey bamboo cuddling pics

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Found them cuddling in the rockwork earlier today. Actually, the Grey (male) was trying to force the Epaulette (female) out of 'his' spot to hide. She is usually down lower in the display. She's been the dominant shark of the group (Eppie, grey and white spotted bamboos) for two years. He is the male Grey I introduced to breed with the female Grey. He's still learning his place in the grand scheme of sharks in there. Haha

Epaulette yawning.

Riley S

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2014
Minneapolis
Thanks for sharing those, Matt. The yawning photo is great. I've haven't been able to capture that yet.

NovaSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2013
Panama city Florida
thats a great pic, im ive been begging my lfs to order a gray bamboo but every time i ask them they act like its the first time they herd of it.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Not a chance.

I have several breeding pairs of vairous species. They go for the same species only, even in a mixed display. I want to preserve the genetics of the animals. The blood lines are too important on rare sharks to cloud up the DNA with hybrids. FW stingrays are a great example of how fast 'muts' can contaminate the lines and cause problems.

Thread about grey bamboo (Chiloscyllium griseum) breeding:

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...o-shark-(Chiloscyllium-griseum)-breeding-pics

nativeshark

Banned
Feb 2, 2014
That is a very interesting point of view about keeping the bloodlines pure. Maybe I will use my pond to preserve species and maintain genetic diversity increase we need to repopulate or and genes to the wild gene pool.

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
That's awesome. how do you give them vitamins like a pill in food?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store