i need your stand insulation sugestions!!

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
I have a 240g on the way and am trying to have the stand done and all set up before it gets here. one thing that i would like to do is insulate the stand for sound deadning pourposes. it is studded up like a house to begin with so i was thinking about just insulating it like a house. i am going to be running canister filters and an unheated tank so i dont think that i will have to really worry about the heat and moisture buildup so much. what are your guys sugestions on this?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
cellotex foam insulation board, or just plain old 1/2" fiber board. you will get easier cuts with the foam board, and better sound insulation, i use to box the compressors at work in the shop, I use the 2" board, comes in 4'x8' sheets, home depoe and the such should have it, if not hit a roofing supply house.

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
how would i attach it? i have used the 3m spray glue for similar things but i know foam can be touchy with some adhesives, and cause it to melt.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
can cut tight fit it is foam board, side panels holding the long runs in place, or liquid nails, cellotex has a fiber glass skin on both sides, its not exposed foam board.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
how would i attach it? i have used the 3m spray glue for similar things but i know foam can be touchy with some adhesives, and cause it to melt.
Silicone works good with no adverse effects on foam

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
agreed

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store