Some Wolf fish owners would be greatly appreciated!

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Erythrinus erythrinus

I acclimated him, put him in a well planted tank with sand substrate (40gB) and he was in there by himself.

The next day, he was running into the front glass, continuously, as if he was attacking his own reflection.

He was relentless, swimming at himself all over the front glass.

He had literally peeled the skin off of his face, and it was flapping around on his nape.

He lasted about 36 more hours and perished. The only time he stopped this behavior is when live food was added.

He seemed normal in the bag and during acclimation. Not sure what to say. Would love to try again.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I've had mine for over a year now. He dominates the tank. I have pink chalceus and red and blue Tetras there too. He's shows no interest in them. He feeds on pellets/shrimp/tilapia. He swims all over the tank. Very active compared to other wolves. Can be kept with other fish. Just avoid smaller fish and atleast for me avoid very elongated small specimens. Won't regret getting one!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

M0LINJAR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
illinois for now
Erythrinus erythrinus

I acclimated him, put him in a well planted tank with sand substrate (40gB) and he was in there by himself.

The next day, he was running into the front glass, continuously, as if he was attacking his own reflection.

He was relentless, swimming at himself all over the front glass.

He had literally peeled the skin off of his face, and it was flapping around on his nape.

He lasted about 36 more hours and perished. The only time he stopped this behavior is when live food was added.

He seemed normal in the bag and during acclimation. Not sure what to say. Would love to try again.
Ive had catfish that do that, lights sometimes stress them to where they flip out. Never heard of wolffish doing it though:/

M0LINJAR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
illinois for now
I've had mine for over a year now. He dominates the tank. I have pink chalceus and red and blue Tetras there too. He's shows no interest in them. He feeds on pellets/shrimp/tilapia. He swims all over the tank. Very active compared to other wolves. Can be kept with other fish. Just avoid smaller fish and atleast for me avoid very elongated small specimens. Won't regret getting one!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Certainly interested in these monsters!

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
It was my first time after owning plenty of fish.

I dont think its common - but their temperament certainly doesnt help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store