350 Gallon Going back up

What option would you choose for a 350 gallon tank?

• Total voters

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
As some of you may know, I just made the move from Florida to the hills of North Carolina. I was attempting to sell my 350 prior to moving to make it a lighter move and that didn't happen. Then, I tried and sell it here prior to setting it up to down grade a little in size and that didn't happen. So, with that being said, I will have it back up and running next week and will be putting in a fish order.

I know this question does get asked a lot around here, however i'm really torn between my old setup (Sa/CA mainly Geo's) and going with a dovii or umbee pair. I had another thread back up last month, however it's gotten long and doesn't get attention now. So, I thought I would create a poll and see what others might think about the ideals. This will be going downstairs in my fishroom I'm in the process of making that only has the 350, 75 and 10 gallon in it. I will be adding more over time since I have a whole room dedicated to the fish now.

Here is the options i'm thinking of and feel free to expand on any you think. The only thing that i'm not really interested in is Bass, Ray and Aro's at all. I'm pretty much open to other options of any sort. Here is what i'm thinking as of now:

1) Dovii Pair (or just male)
2) Black Umbee Pair (or just male)
3) Geo Setup
4) Your thought

Here is the order i'm thinking of from Gage:
5 - Heckylii Thread Fin Acara
5 - Winemilleri
2 - Chocolate Cichlids
1 - Bocourti
1 - Pearsei
1 - Watermelon Pleco
1 - Pineapple Pleco

Snookin21
10 - Tiger Silver Dollars
Various Schooling Tetra's

shawe1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2013
Hertfordshire, England
Personally if it was my tank I would be doing a south american bio type.

I would have 3 or 4 species of geophagus, 2 chocolates, a shoal of some kind of larger tetra (perhaps colombian), some cats and perhaps some dwarf pike. Sounds a lot of fish but that is a huge tank and other than the chocolates the rest of the fish are small/medium sized fish.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Personally if it was my tank I would be doing a south american bio type.

I would have 3 or 4 species of geophagus, 2 chocolates, a shoal of some kind of larger tetra (perhaps colombian), some cats and perhaps some dwarf pike. Sounds a lot of fish but that is a huge tank and other than the chocolates the rest of the fish are small/medium sized fish.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
This, plus angel fish and discus.

Otherwise Fancy Goldfish.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
You can go completely different than last time and make it a huge peacock/hap tank. I saw a peacock hap tank once that size and it still stands out in my mind. Or possibly a group of Colombian cat sharks it would be cool to see those fish kept properly I bet it would be very active.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I like the thought of a large community with the silver dollars and Pearsei. That's pretty much what I have. I have tried a Pearsei and Bocourti before and they did not mix well for me. The Bocourti though smaller always seemed to have it in for the Pearsei. Granted this was in a 210g, in a bigger tank it might work fine.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Dovii are sweet and in that big of a tank would look great.

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
Great suggestions so far. It's nice to see what everyone's thoughts are on what should go in a tank this size. Keep them coming :)

Not much of an African fan either, forgot to mention that.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
I'd say 3 different schools of Geo's, the threadfins, 4 chocolates, some black skirts, some BA tetras, and a coupe bocourtis...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store