Asian Arowana Prices?

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I've never though much about arowana, but now that im soon gonna setup a large ray tank, i just looked at the prices of Aro's in Denmark. So a Red Tail Golden15 Is 1200 Us Dollars? An Electric Blue Crossback15 is 2050 Us Dollars? Both fishes are 18 cm. A Super Grade Electric Crossback15 is 2200. That fish is too 18 cm. I'm not looking to buy any of them, im just looking at my options for the future.. How are these prices?

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
From what I have seen from our Canadian friends, they are $300 - $600 north of the border.

But, you might be in a fairly isolated area, fish-wise, so it may cost more to get the fish to Denmark.

They are much cheaper where they are being bred, for example.

(Another example; the red snakehead is used as feeder fish in Asia, while others may pay good money for a pet one in another country.)

I have a rare plant business, and I get most of my plants in Florida - for the same reasons. Plants are mass produced down South, and they grow like weeds there, to the benefit of guys like me who are not down South.

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I'm gonna ask the question i guess everyone asks now: Whats the risks when you ship and Arowana from Canada to Denmark?

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
I'm gonna ask the question i guess everyone asks now: Whats the risks when you ship and Arowana from Canada to Denmark?
Don't trans-ship from Canada, needless expense and hassle. I can put you in touch with a number of trusted farms in Singapore that will help you import your own fish. You might even consider importing a small group of say 6 fish; keep one then resell the others. This has been done by hobbyists for a long time in Canada; using this method you either pre-sell the fish in advance at a reduced cost or else sell them out of your home tank (See: http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/management/Wyne_Importing_Asian_Arowana.html ).

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Don't trans-ship from Canada, needless expense and hassle. I can put you in touch with a number of trusted farms in Singapore that will help you import your own fish. You might even consider importing a small group of say 6 fish; keep one then resell the others. This has been done by hobbyists for a long time in Canada; using this method you either pre-sell the fish in advance at a reduced cost or else sell them out of your home tank (See: http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/management/Wyne_Importing_Asian_Arowana.html ).
Thanks, as said its not for now, its for when i move and setup a ray tank. I might contact you then about buying 1 fish, Theres not alot of people with tanks that could house Arowanas in Denmark, so reselling them would be i difficult, im pretty sure. But i might have changed my mind about it by then :) Whats the prices compared to those i wrote?

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
Thanks, as said its not for now, its for when i move and setup a ray tank. I might contact you then about buying 1 fish, Theres not alot of people with tanks that could house Arowanas in Denmark, so reselling them would be i difficult, im pretty sure. But i might have changed my mind about it by then :) Whats the prices compared to those i wrote?
Why only sell into Denmark? Offer to sell the fish into Norway/Sweden/Germany. I would contact the major aquarium shops in those countries too, you might be able to sell them wholesale.

Prices in Canada vary a lot, depending somewhat on the farm, grade of the fish, size, and whether it is a pre-sale or not. The Arowanaclub.ca link provided earlier can help you find out what various places are offering their fish for.

stantheman168

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
Syracuse NY
Why only sell into Denmark? Offer to sell the fish into Norway/Sweden/Germany. I would contact the major aquarium shops in those countries too, you might be able to sell them wholesale.

Prices in Canada vary a lot, depending somewhat on the farm, grade of the fish, size, and whether it is a pre-sale or not. The Arowanaclub.ca link provided earlier can help you find out what various places are offering their fish for.
just find local Asian business owners, most of them would be happy to get one. i would love to have them in the US

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store