Fishing hook wtf

ookutoo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
bloomfield NJ 07003
Hi just wanna share something that shocked me this morning. I recently bought some 5-6" NTT. One seems to eat and the other didn't. So I separated them thinking maybe one was bullying the other. Then today I found a tiny fishing hook in my tank WTF...lol. Maybe that was the reason it wasn't eating. So the point is if anyone recently bought a NTT and not eating. I say take the fish out and check Thier mouth and make sure there's no fishing hook in them. Here's a pic of the hook lol.
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1394223928.768629.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ookutoo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
bloomfield NJ 07003
Wow that's insane! Where did they come from?
Haha yea I know. Well they are from the wild so u never know. Bet Some 8year old could just be fishing and get scare of the fish and just cut the line leaving the hook on lol. I'm just happy the hook came out by itself. I bought 3 from different places so I really don't remember who. Don't think it matter wut store they came from cuz it's not the pet stores fault. Things like this just happens.

ookutoo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
bloomfield NJ 07003
Crazy!! i just got one to, has yours eaten anything but live?
Haha yea I was pretty shocked to see a fishing hook in my tank cuz I would never go fishing in my own tank lol. I started all 3 NTT on roseys and I realize one just didn't eat. So that's why I separated them. I already got 1 or 2 of them to eat dry krills so the one that didn't eat most likely had the hook. I'm going to get more rosey today and home he eats cuz he needs to fatten up.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Wow...that is very surprising...hopefully there is no long term damage.

Jnfergu2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2014
Huntington, Indiana
A friend of mine did a local fish tank about 10 years ago. He net caught all his fish but the first smallmouth he put in the tank had one lodged in its throat. Kinda crazy but with wild caught anything you never know.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Maybe that's how the supplier catches them, I have heard they use fishing line and hooks to catch fire eels.

Glad he managed to spit it out, hopefully he starts eating soon

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
Few years ago, one of my NTT i just bought died in a few days, after careful look, there was a fishing string stuck inside its mouth. I assume the small hook got swallowed and lodge inside the throat

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store